read the bible in 28 days
want to join a bible reading team?
No matter the methods and plans you choose to read the Bible, it can be a spiritually transformative experience with the help of the Holy Spirit.
is this for you?
Whether you have never read the Bible through, or if you have read the Bible through every year for decades, completing this more intensive, short-term Bible reading plan may give you not only a greater understanding of the Bible, but also a richer context for the rest of your life, when you do in-depth study.
This can be the year you read the Bible cover to cover - in a month!
Consistently, folks remark that reading through the Bible at this intensive rate and focus gives not only new insights, but deep personal understanding that impacts faith and heart attitude. The focus shifts from words and verses to the overall messages of the Bible. This flying over is more about seeing the terrain of the forest than examining the bark on the trees. You’ll see!
AN EOZ TEAM? We welcome you to the strength of a team. We host one 20-minute team connection per week.
OR YOUR TEAM? Please let us know so we can cheer and acknowledge you as part of the Body of Christ taking this on.
Check out the video to see ways this surprised everyone!
in god's word!
One can read the Bible in 28 days by reading an average of 2 hours throughout the day, depending on reading speed. Many remark how special it is to live a month thinking eagerly, “When can I next read the Bible?"
Ponder that. You may find a burst of energy for commitment to reading the Bible in entirety. Ask the Lord to help you.
tips for success
1. Select a version of the Bible that you find easy to read. Mark the passages you want to study more thoroughly later.
2. Variety of sources: You may be well-served by listening to an audio Bible (for example the Dwell App) - especially listening while reading along. Listening to audio on 1.5x speed or higher cuts down on the mind wandering, because we can process language faster than we speak it.
3. Variety of locations: Consider your possibilities: read through the Bible while you walk, when you wake, in the carpool lane, before you sleep, on your lunch break, instead of watching tv, instead of social media. Reading outdoors is special.
4. Power of Association: We welcome you to a weekly check-in on phone or zoom with a periodic team of others taking the challenge, too. It can add fun and endurance when helping each other with encouragement, prayer, amazement, and tips.
5. Relax and enjoy. Consider reading ahead on certain days when able, as you may fall behind on others. There is a free day to celebrate at the end, or catch up.
4 week reading schedule
Proverbs; Ecclesiastes; Song of Solomon
Daniel; Hosea; Joel
Amos - Malachi
1, 2 Samuel
1, 2 Kings
Romans; 1, 2 Corinthians; Galatians
Ezra; Nehemiah; Esther
Ephesians - Hebrews
James - Revelation
alternate 8-week plan
If you begin the 4-week plan but complete the reading in eight weeks by reading half as much each day, it’s all good! It is still WONDERFUL!
benefit of ongoing impact
You may find that this challenge increases your desire to study and meditate on God’s word, ongoing. Can you picture if it naturally inspired you to a lifestyle of reading the Bible in a month every year, and then in the next 11 months studying more in depth, but with the benefit of that broader context?
May God bless you and prosper you in being renewed by reading His word!
Anne Romanello and Susie Zeigler